FOFA GALLERY: APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCESS
Projects are selected for exhibition on the basis of the overall quality and innovative character of their work. Proposals for group and solo exhibitions in visual arts, curatorial practices and the performing arts will be reviewed twice per academic year with submission deadlines of September 20, and February 20. Other opportunities such as interventions, choreographies, and benefits, will be reviewed on a needs basis.
SUBMISSIONS SHOULD INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
Please submit all files digitally as .pdf's AND one printed copy.
1. Curriculum vitae, printed and digital (.pdf or .doc) copy
2. Artist statement, maximum 250 words, printed and digital (.pdf or .doc) copy
3. Project proposal with detailed description of work, maximum 500 words, printed and digital (.pdf or .doc) copy
(include space and technical requirements)
4. Supporting visual documents:
• maximum of 10 digital images - JPEG images only, MAC formatted.
Images should be 72 dpi jpeg 1024x768 max and labeled with the
following format: artistsname_slide number_title
for example: jsterbak_01_vanitas.jpg
This will ensure your images are viewed in the order you intended.
• maximum of 1 DVD, clearly identified
Contains itmes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
NB: Video work - maximum of 3 works. A link to Youtube or Vimeo is recommended. Otherwise, must be a .mov file that will play on quicktime and compressed so that it does not exceed 500 MB.
5. Descriptive list of included materials with artist’s name, title, date, media and size
6. Self addressed stamped envelope