Photo: Rick Leong
How can I submit to the FOFA Gallery?
The FOFA Gallery accepts submissions on an ongoing basis. Projects are selected for exhibition on the basis of the overall quality and innovative character of their work. Proposals for group and solo exhibitions in visual arts, curatorial practices and
the performing arts will be reviewed twice per year. Other opportunities such as interventions, choreographies, and benefits, will be reviewed on a needs basis.
SUBMISSIONS SHOULD INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
1. Curriculum vitæ
2. Artist statement
3. Project proposal with detailed description of work (include space and technical
4. Supporting visual documents:
• maximum of 20 digital images (.jpg or .tif ) or slides, clearly identified
• maximum of 1 VHS tape or DVD, clearly identified
5. Descriptive list of included materials with artist's name, title, date, media and size
6. Self addressed stamped envelope
Who can apply to the FOFA Gallery?
The FOFA Gallery accepts applications from faculty, staff, current students and alumni of the Concordia University Faculty of Fine Arts. Both exhibition and curatorial proposals are accepted.
Can students apply to the FOFA Gallery?
Yes students can apply for exhibitions at the FOFA Gallery, though first preference is given to students working at an advanced level.
Are there artist fees given for exhibitions?
The FOFA Gallery does not pay artist fees at this time
How long are exhibitions?
Exhibitions vary in length, but are generally between 4 and 8 weeks in duration.
What is the submission deadline?
The FOFA Gallery accepts exhibition proposals on September 20 and February 20. The Selections Committee meets 2 to 3 times a year to jury proposals.